|home | latest recipes | search for recipes | tips & ideas | glossary | links | contact
ellen's gluten-free bread
400g gluten free flour
150g buckwheat and millet flakes
2 x 284ml pots buttermilk (or soya yoghurt if vegan)
5-6 handfuls seeds - pumpkin/sunflower/caraway
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 C / 350 F/ gas mark 4
2. Add ¾ of the flour, the seeds and one of the pots of buttermilk (or soya yoghurt) to a bowl and mix well.
3. Mix in the rest of the flour, the flakes, the bicarbonate of soda and the remaining pot of buttermilk (or soya yoghurt), and mix to a stiff consistency.
4. Spoon into a greased loaf tin
5. Cook for 1 hour exactly in pre-heated oven
6. Turn oven off and leave bread in oven for a further 10 minutes